Monday, December 17, 2012

Thursday, December 20th 2012

This is a story I wrote for the 100 Word Stories Weely Challenge that sadly did not get in on time, but I had fun writing it so I thought I would share it anyway.  The topic was "pudding".


"Let's run through the checklist, and then we'll lock up," Pete said to his wife.

"Water?"

"Check."

"Matches?"

"Check."

"Coffee?"

"Check."

"Pudding?"

"... uh..."

"You forgot the pudding????"

"I thought you were bringing it."

He thought a moment, then said, "forget it.  It ain't worth it now."  He paused a moment longer, then stormed out of the bunker, muttering angrily to himself.

Waiting until he left, Amelia closed the steel door and flipped the switch for the hydraulic seal.  She checked the oxygen levels, nodded, and reached behind the shelf for a chocolate pudding.  Humming to herself cheerfully, she began eating.

1 comment:

Zak Claxton said...

Good pudding tale!