Here are some of the thoughts that occurred to me as I forced myself to sit through the one episode I watched all the way through:
- I can't tell one fur covered bearded guy from another - how many people are IN this family or squad or whatever? I think there are different groups - or is it the same group from different camera angles?
- Was bathing not invented yet? There are so many dirt-streaked people in this thing that it looks like a Monty Python and the Holy Grail scene, but not as funny.
- There are supposed to be likeable characters in any show, but I don't care for any of the people I've seen so far:
- A snot-nosed brat who kills people for fun
- Some guy who made wives out of his 37 (or however many) daughters (ick)
- Some girl with dragons who doesn't seem to know what she's supposed to be doing with them
- Some sort of weird brother / sister thing, I think - and are they the parents of that wretched brat-king? I couldn't follow any of that. I was waiting for a wizard or something to break up the monotony of the scene, and then I gave up and went to fix a snack instead.
- Everyone seems to be in a big hurry to get somewhere, but I have yet to understand where that is. Are they going to the same place? Different places? Are there more than four directions on this map? Why is it winter in some places and summer in others? WHERE THE HELL ARE THEY GOING???
For those of you who love it, keep on keeping on.